19 phrases that South Londoners know to be true

By Charlea - Sunday, September 20, 2015

1 | "Oh you live in Tooting? I heard you can get a really good curry there..."



2 | "Is there a Chicken Cottage near yours then?"


3 | "Sorry I can't make it to your house party. I looked it up on Citymapper and I'd need to change bus three times to get home from Hackney, or pay £60 for an Uber."


4 | "I went on a date last night. He took me to Honky Tonk in Clapham and he was wearing a pair of red chinos."


5 | "It started out pretty calm and then we ended up in Infernos."


6 | "Just gonna nip to Whole Foods for some coconut oil."


7 | "Sorry, gonna be late for work today - District Line is part suspended."


8 | "Oh, a night out in Shoreditch? Thanks but it's a bit alternative for me."


9 | "Let's just get some beers and head to Clapham Common."


10 | "Saw the hottest guy/girl running around Tooting Bec Common today."


11 | "My nearest tube? It's about a 30min walk from mine, yeah."


12 | "Just walked past someone from Made in Chelsea."


13 | "Anyone fancy lunch at the Bluebird?"


14 | "Catching a Thameslink, be there in 45!" 



15 | "There's a Chelsea game on so I'm just going to spend two hours fighting my way through the crowds to Fulham Broadway tube."


16 | "My next door neighbours are working professionals, living in a semi-detached Victorian property. They've got two children who go to the local primary in Balham."


17 | "Yeah, my flat's under a Heathrow flight path."


18 | "Weather's crazy good tomorrow - fancy going to the lido?"


19 | "Yes, the transport links are crap, but we have green spaces, cheap rent and I bet my council tax is less than yours too."

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

4 Comments

  1. I think it’s a very unique way to virtually introduce South London to the rest of the world. I simply loved the idea of how you connected real life happenings in the city and expressed it through things that are taken for granted by us in our everyday lives. Really good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really appreciate your post. Thanks for sharing such an useful information.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Words Kshetra is offering international business support for expand business on international platform. we are global

    business consultant for international business.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "It's not my job." This is another phrase that simply conveys a message that you do not take responsibility and like to push it off onto others.  github

    ReplyDelete

I really do appreciate any comments, and will always read and try to reply to each one. If you have a question, however, you may receive a quicker response by tweeting @misscharlea